Spring Plumbing Tips
Spring is the ideal time for pump and plumbing tune-ups and repairs. Keep your home and appliances in top shape and ready for summer with these quick and easy tips.
Kitchen and Bathroom Plumbing
- Check all your faucets for leaks or drips – make repairs as needed to save on your water bill.
- Turn the water supply valves located under your sinks and toilets to keep them from sticking
- Ensure your toilets flush properly – if you notice the handle needs to be held down or jiggled to keep the water from running endlessly, you may need to replace any worn tank parts.
- Reduce your energy bills by reducing the temperature on your water heater to 120◦ F
- Flush out corrosion causing sediment by draining several gallons of water from your water heater
- Check your dishwasher and washing machine supply hoses for leaks or unusual lumps – replace any hoses showing signs of weakness or hoses older than 10 years
- Check your sump pump for proper operation and to prevent flooding from melting snow – pour a bucket of water into the sump pump pit to test it
- Clean your outside drains, gutters and downspouts to ensure proper drainage
- Ensure all drains have strainers installed to prevent hair, soap and debris from clogging your drain lines
If you ever experience any plumbing issues, don’t hesitate to contact the commercial and residential plumbing professionals at S&K Pump and Plumbing for friendly, efficient service. We provide Southeast Wisconsin with routine with everything from routine maintenance care to 24 hour emergency repair services.
Contact the Waukesha plumbing repair professionals at S&K Pump and Plumbing for all your spring plumbing needs.
Summer means high temperatures and an increase in water usage, making your water bill go up more than you’d like.
By taking some preventative measures, you can save money and keep your plumbing system working at its best. The professional Brookfield plumbers are happy to offer their top summer plumbing tips:
Check for Plumbing Leaks
During the summer, sprinklers, pools, washing machines and garden hoses are used frequently. Keeping an eye out for leaks and fixing them right away before they worsen is a must. An unusual increase in your water bill is usually due to a toilet or faucet leak. To get your leak located and fixed fast, call S&K Pump and Plumbing at our 24-hour emergency service number at 262-782-7190.
Use Your Garbage Disposal Correctly
Summer months mean cookouts and family get-togethers. Being mindful of what goes down your kitchen garbage disposal can save you from having to buy a new one. Certain foods like rice, bread, fruits, vegetables, cornhusks and celery all retain water and can easily clog your garbage disposal.
Also use cold water before and after using your garbage disposal to keep from clogging your drains.
Brookfield Plumbing Professionals
From servicing your well to repairing a burst pipe, rely on the S & K Pump and Plumbing team. Our professional plumbers service the greater Milwaukee area, providing a wide variety of plumbing and remodeling services. We offer 24/7 emergency plumbing services.
Contact the Brookfield plumbers at S & K Pump and Plumbing today
As another Wisconsin summer draws to a close, residents are preparing for the long stretch of winter weather. An essential part of preparing your home for winter is to ensure your plumbing system is prepped and ready to handle the cold. A few simple, precautionary steps can prevent serious damage to your home.
Top 5 Tips from Plumbers to Prep your Home for Fall
- Disconnect your outside hoses – Any water left inside the hoses will freeze and expand, damaging the hose and the outdoor faucet valve.
- Turn off inside valves - To hose bibbs and open hose bibbs to drain water out and prevent freezing.
- Insulate exposed pipes – Take some insulating foam and wrap your exposed pipes to keep them from freezing. The ones near the outside walls are the most susceptible to freezing.
- Service your hot water heater – tune up your hot water heater and identify any potential problems before winter arrives.
- Learn where your main water valve is located – everyone in your home should know where and how to shut off the water in the case of an emergency. Even a small pipe can gush over 10 gallons per minute.
There When You Need Us
The Waukesha plumbers at S & K offer fast, friendly service year round. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you need help fixing a leak this fall, or have a burst pipe this winter. We offer superior plumbing solutions at competitive prices for commercial and residential properties. We even have emergency 24/7 service, because disaster never sleeps.
Contact the Waukesha plumbers at S&K Pump and Plumbing for all your plumbing needs today.
The arrival of Jack Frost and the winter season conjures up images of cozy fireplaces and the Wisconsin landscape blanketed by a fresh layer of snow. Unfortunately, winter also contributes to a host of plumbing problems. Taking preventative measures can prevent plumbing issues during the winter months. The professional Brookfield plumbers are happy to offer their top winter plumbing tips:
Wisconsin’s bitter cold winters mean frozen pipes are a distinct possibility. By simply adding insulation around your pipes you can prevent frozen pipes from causing chaos. Keep an eye on your pipes, especially those exposed in basements and crawl spaces, to ensure no frost or ice is forming on them.
Let Water Run to Prevent Frozen Pipes
In areas that are susceptible to freezing, like pipes that run in an outside or uninsulated exterior wall, open a faucet or tub/shower valve slightly and let the water run until temperatures exceed freezing. Running water typically will not freeze. Also open vanity cabinets doors to allow room heat in.